Dry, brittle hair may be more prone to breakage, resulting in damaged ends and make hair harder to style. Repair damage and improve manageability with the tips below.
Tips to prevent breakage:
- Never use a brush to detangle wet hair.It's best to use a detangling wide tooth comb . Begin at the ends and work your way up the hair strand.
- Only use Satin pillow cases. They allow the hair the move easily while you sleep vs using cotton pillowcases that will snag your hair.
- Use éprouvage Reviving Scalp Serum to keep your scalp in optimum growing condition.
- Use natural boar bristle brushes to keep the hair shinny and smooth without over stressing the hair and causing damage.
- Do not hold the blow dryer to close to the brush while drying. The tension of the brush along with the heat from the dryer can cause breakage. Use a medium heat whenever possible.
- Strengthen hair with a protein-rich shampoo and conditioner free of sulfates and parabens that rebuild, restore and strengthen the hair follicle. We recommend éprouvage Fortifying Shampoo & Fortifying Conditioner for weak or damaged hair.
It's important to add in moisture to the hair to prevent further hair breakage moving forward. With the use of the éprouvage Fortifying Shampoo & Fortifying Conditioner and weekly use of the éprouvage Reparative Treatment Masque you can provide hair with a good foundation to move towards stronger, healthier hair and help prevent breakage.